Conditions for the competition are
- All entries, which may be coauthored, must be new and original works, not published previously in any form.
- Essays must be of the format and size of a regular academic journal article (25 to 35 pages, in double-space format, including references) including title, citations, and endnotes. (References should be shown in the form of endnotes.
- An abstract of 500 words embedded into the original essay and a short CV of the author(s) are required.
- Entries must be submitted in English, in the form of a PDF and Word document.
- Essay Awards will be given to three researchers under 45 years of age. This category includes 10,000 USD for each of the three award-winning essays selected by an independent and international jury from among submitted essays.
- The Sakıp Sabancı International Research Award involves a Jury Prize of USD 25,000 that will be awarded to an individual who has made distinguished contributions on the above-mentioned theme. The same jury will select the Jury Prize awardee.